Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Mid-Summer Classic

For the first time in several years, I watched the MLB All-Star game last night. Well, I watched most of it. When the AL tied the game in the bottom of the 8th inning on Evan Longoria's ground rule double, scoring Justin Morneau, I suspected that the NL was going down again. I really didn't have much interest in watching a glorified exhibition game go into extra innings, and I saw this morning that the game lasted 15 innings, ending after 1:30 a.m.

I'm glad for J.D. Drew that he's finally living up to his talent in Boston, although I'm certain the fans in Philadelphia and Los Angeles are none too happy with him, still.

Ryan Dempster was the most impressive pitcher I saw on the field.

Best play of the night - Ichiro throwing out Albert Pujols when he tried to stretch a single off the right field wall into a double.

Hopes for the second half of the season - that the Atlanta Braves make a real run for the postseason, and that the New York Yankees fall flatter than flat.

Never, ever, let it be said that I'm anything less than partisan and biased when it comes to my baseball.