Sunday, July 27, 2008

265

That's my weigh-in for today, and I was actually astonished to have lost another pound. All three of my kids were here last week, we went to visit my parents, which meant all the family came to visit, and you know grandparents like to feed the family well. Then, we took the kids to Myrtle Beach for a couple of days, the Bay Watch resort had a very nice breakfast buffet in one of their restaurants, and dinners out at Fuddruckers and the Original Benjamin's Calabash Seafood with their 170 item buffet aren't really conducive to weight loss.

What was conducive to weight loss were the trips David and I took to the fitness center and the pool at home, and the three hours we all spent playing in the rather rough Myrtle Beach surf last Wednesday (think of it as full contact water aerobics). I did think that we were well protected with the 30 and 50 SPF sun screen we all used, but we didn't take the need to reapply it into account. All five of us got burned, but we are well on the road to the recovery. Or at least we will be, once the itching is past.