Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Phillies 4, Rays 3

And so the 2008 MLB season ends. Game 5.5 of the World Series was very entertaining, very well played.

I'm not particularly a Philadelphia Phillies fan, and the Tampa Bay Rays are the baseball story of the year, no doubt, but I am a National League fan first and foremost. So, I'm happy with tonight's outcome.

I found it sweet that no New York team made the post season this year. The Mets have had a good team for the last three seasons, but in 2006, the NL pennant slipped away from them in Game 7 of the NLCS, last year they blew their post season chance on the last day of the season, and this year it happened in the last weekend of the season. I see a trend here.

As for the Yankees, well, sooner or later they're going to buy another championship. I just hope A-Rod is long gone before then.