Thoughts on the Grammies
- I find Robert Plant and Alison Krauss' Album of the Year win most pleasing.
- Their other wins were equally gratifying. I had my doubts that they would beat Coldplay in the categories where they went head-to-head.
- Sugarland's win for Best Country Performance for a Group or Duo for Stay is vexing to me. The song has a beautiful melody, and Jennifer Nettles always delivers it with exquisite emotion. My problem with it is the subject matter, despite country's tradition of cheating songs; I was cheated on, and I absolutely do not give a shit about the other man/woman's feelings.
- Paul McCartney and B.B. King had fantastic energy in their performances. Let's hear it for the old guys!
- Who let the president of NARAS out of the asylum? He did not seriously propose a "Secretary of the Arts" for President Obama's cabinet, did he? Government oversight of the arts, anyone? Anyone?