Saturday, November 1, 2008

The downside can be harsh and steep

The evening after I posted my Election 2008 entry, my dad called and told me he'd read it. This was quite a surprise; he's got a severe computer phobia, and he can't type.

He took strenuous exception to my political choices, to the point of imploring me to change my mind. I declined.

My dad then proceeded to declare that my judgment is impaired. When he said that, I felt part of the bedrock of my life shift, and break.

How long does it take for something like this to heal?




Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Eddie, it never goes away, but over time, the sting goes.

I guess you just need to put it in a box and put the box away until you can examine it more dispassionately.

hugs
tamara (ABDK)

November 4, 2008 at 6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life is short, you only have one dad, and he only has one son called Eddie.
Agree to disagree and life will go on.
As Tamara said put it aside and as you are both adults, you are both entitled to an opinion. He just needs to let you grow up and make your own decisions.
Cheers,
Pauline (ABDK)

November 4, 2008 at 11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home