Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Ten Things I've Done You Probably Haven't

John Scalzi made up his list and asked his blog readers to make up theirs. Here's mine.
  1. Told Orson Scott Card at a book signing that my ex-wife's mother lived just off a Greensboro street he included in Ender's Game.
  2. Was in the operating room when my ex had an emergency C-section and saw spurting blood and drifting smoke over the curtain, just before the doctor said, "This looks like a nine pounder."
  3. Took a much loved 17 year old cat to the vet hoping she could hang on, was told she couldn't, asked to be with her when she went to sleep for the last time, watched the vet walk out for a couple of minute, then return and ask me, "Are you sure you want to take the body?"
  4. Backed a car that was stuck in reverse three miles through city traffic to meet my ride to work at the service station.
  5. Dressed in a grass skirt and coconut bra to raise money at our "Luau" Relay for Life event in 2007.
  6. Driven one of my dad's farm tractors sideways into a six foot deep drainage ditch and walked away without a scratch.
  7. Preached a couple of Youth Sunday sermons at a Southern Baptist Church.
  8. Lost my first wife, after twelve year of marriage and three children, to another woman.
  9. Am married to my best friend, who I met through a Dean Koontz newsgroup on Usenet.
  10. Was recently a contestant on Jeopardy.