Thursday, January 10, 2008

Casablanca and Chicago!

Well, I can finally comment publicly about my Jeopardy appearance. It was an experience that was both exhilarating and humbling. I never really got into the rhythm of ringing in, so even though I knew the majority of the answers, I was solidly in third place going into Final Jeopardy.

Turns out, with Kristen and Anna $500 apart and both with more than double my score, if I'd stood pat, I would've won. Of course, if I'd really comprehended that they wanted to know both of the Oscar winning movies whose one word titles were cities beginning with "C", I would've won. As it was, every one of us missed the question -- I only gave them Casablanca -- and both Kristen and I bet everything. Anna had $799 left, so ironically, for this one show, I made more for third place than she did for winning.

I wonder if I can try again.

----------------
Now playing: Eagles - Long Road out of Eden
via FoxyTunes