Saturday, August 14, 2010

Bad Literary Mashups

Earlier this week, thriller write Meg Gardiner joined in a Twitter game suggested by another writer to come up with titles for, well, bad literary mashups, in the tradition of such recent artistic triumphs as Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. After she came up with such gems as Eat, Pray, Jaws and Dracujo (The Vampire Puppy), she invited readers of her blog lying for a living to join in the fun.

Being a bit of a sick puppy myself, I couldn't resist. I did range farther afield than many, because I brought in song titles, as well as movies and books. Be warned, what follows may make your head hurt:

  • Watership Down Among the Dead Men

  • The Ninja and Mrs. Muir

  • On The Road Less Traveled Again

  • Lust For Life In The Fast Lane

  • If You Give A Mouse The Cuckoo’s Egg

  • The Phantom Tollbooth of the Opera

  • Barbarians At The Anubis Gate

  • Crash: A Bend In The Road Not Taken

  • The Canterbury Tales Of The South Pacific

  • A Bridge Over The River Kwai Runs Through It

  • In A Little Cold Blood Night Music (I think I’m trying too hard!)

  • A Christmas Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice